Going to have a wedding in 2012? I bet you're looking for trends to turn your big day into what many will talk about long after the ceremony. Here's a list of 50 wedding ideas you can adopt to make your big day a fab one.. I saw this list online somewhere, it caught my attention, and I decided to share them. You'll note some remarks by me on some of them, I hope you find them interesting.. Winks
- Wear a red wedding gown. Colored wedding gowns have become the latest trend in wedding fashion. It is bold, daring, and the perfect way to make a statement.
- Have an intimate wedding affair. Invite only close family and friends. Nowadays, big extravagant weddings are not anymore expected or seen as practical.
- Skip the veil and wear another kind of headpiece. Opt for a wide brimmed hat, a floral headwear, or a princess tiara.
- Hold a fun lottery game during the reception.
- Opt for a breakfast reception. This is something new, and something that would give your pockets a relief.
- Sing while walking down the aisle. Who said that only the wedding singer could sing during this event? (Yea, right!)
- Do something new with the wedding traditions. Instead of tossing the bouquet, why not have a “pass the bouquet” game for more fun and excitement? (Eyes rolling)
- Wow the guests by having a unique entrance by riding a helicopter or a jet ski. (LWKMD, but say amen if you're reading this.. Winks)
- Hold the wedding at night. The night provides a romantic ambiance for your wedding ceremony. (This one sounds great, but depends on where your venue is located, so long as it's not MUSHIN!!!.. Lol)
- Have a 1940’s or 1950’s wedding theme that would transport you back in time. (Great idea)
- Choose an exotic venue. Not often do you see couples get married in a safari or on a mountain cliff. (That one too good.. in igbo accent, mountain cliff sha :D)
- Give souvenir invites. These are invitations and souvenirs rolled into one. Even if the guest would not be able to attend, he/she would still have something to remember your big day with. (Aww nicee, no? Nigerians do this one now tho)
- Have a scrapbook guest book that you made yourself instead of the regular one. (Who has time?)
- Pass around a journal book in lieu of the guest book where guests can jot down their fondest memory of the bride and groom. (Teheheh.. wicked laffs, if my friend gave me this, I would jot down how nice it is of her that she hasn't returned anything/everything she borrowed from me.. I kid o)
- Decorate the whole wedding venue yourself with the help of your family and friends. DIY weddings are still very big this year. (This one won't fly, not in Nigeria.. 2nd base gently abeg : ))
- Send e-vites instead of paper invitations to save paper, ink, and energy. (Okies, cool stuff this)
- Make a musical video presentation to be played during the reception.
- Decorate tables with centerpieces that can double as wedding favors. (Don't try this if you're not from a rich home.. Apologies but just some sound warning)
- Make a documentary film on your love story and play this during the reception program. (The best so far but erm..)
- Have an assortment of cupcakes to stand in for the wedding cake. (Where in this list is have alot of food to go round, eba, amala, fufu and all.. Hehe)
- Serve cocktails or finger foods during the reception. This is a delicious way to give your pockets a break.(Nodding in agreement)
- Have a dessert or tea reception in the middle of the afternoon. (FYI, this one is for Yankee and Jand peeps only.. Winks)
- Invite your guests to a surprise wedding reception. (How about a strip club..? Lol. Well, don't try that, it was a joke... Wide grin)
- Create a website for your wedding to keep family and friends updated regarding the wedding details. (iLike)
- Don’t keep the kids out. Weddings usually try to ban the kids. Make your event more youthful and fun by including the children.
- Write an online blog where guests can keep track of planning and preparations for your wedding. (I can help you with this one, you won't even have to pay much.. Smiles)
- Let the bridesmaids choose the style for their dress. As long as they keep up with the theme and color motif, it’s all good!
- Shop for wedding items online. This would save you time, energy, and money! (True that)
- Wear a mini wedding dress. Super short dresses are making their way to wedding fashion this year. (Insert 'i dunno' smiley)
- Pick bright and vivid colors for your motif.
- Hold the wedding ceremony in your own backyard or garden. (Or your frontyard.. Laughs but no jokes)
- Enter the ceremony venue through a non-linear wedding aisle. It can be a circular aisle or a multiple-aisle.
- Give out practical wedding favors and thank you gifts that the guests could actually use in their everyday lives.
- Go for a rock and roll theme and hire rock bands to play during your wedding. This is perfect for a young couple with high spirits. Warn the elderly guests prior to the event. (Tongue in cheek)
- Opt for balloon decorations in lieu of flower decors. (Really, but I'm sure you're saying no thanks.. I disagree too)
- Decorate the table with an edible centerpiece that guests can devour during or after the meal. (I swear this is perhaps the best part now, this is def where I would be seen at any wedding, wetin consan me with the rest? Just sayin')
- Sing your wedding vows.(Like one 'Yemi my Lover' huh? Ko joh!)
- Recite your wedding vows as poems. (Okies, not bad, this anyone can pull off)
Go to SOURCE, to read the last 12. I figured, they won't work, so I cut them out but if you want to know what they are, they are that one click away.
Have a great weekend out there.