Friday, March 16, 2012

Solange Knowles Covers Time Out New York

Solange looks hot in this cover, and she's never looked better going all n atural with her hair.. I say nicee.. Think she's tryna distinguish herself from big sis Beyonce? She might as well, I think there should be no competition there tho.. 

Check out an excerpt from SOURCE

What’s your favorite place to shop online?
I love Net-a-Porter (netaporter.com), but it’s a gift and a curse. Living in New York has made [the site] that much more dangerous because I have my settings set to New York Premier, which means [purchases]  come the same day.


It is such an addictive drug, to be able to wake up in the morning, order a pair of shoes, and they are at your door four hours later. I made the biggest mistake of introducing that to my sister, and she’s just been out of control…out of control. It’s just out of control.

Who are some of your favorite designers?I love Tibi for all of my classic staples; Suno because I’m a print girl and they do it so well; and Diane von Furstenberg because she does a phenomenal job with prints and color and just makes wearable, accessible womenswear that’s easy to throw on.

You’ve been getting quite a bit of attention from the fashion industry. What’s your take on that?I’m humbled and excited about it, but I’m not trying to be a huge designer or a big model. I’ve


been clear I just want to express myself. I’m really appreciative for the love and respect [from the fashion community], but I just want to do the fun shit. I’m a lot more interested in style than fashion—style is what makes us who we are.


Do you have any long-term fashion icons?I’m inspired by my mother from the ’70s and ’80s–she looked like a walking American Apparel ad. She definitely set the bar in terms of style. I’m also inspired by Björk, Erykah Badu and Diana Ross. I gravitate to the people who have stood the test of time; that’s why so many of my style icons are older. If you can conquer that many decades and that many trends and still look timeless and beautiful—that’s where I’d like to be.


What are you working on now?I’ve been working on my album for two years. It’s my first independent record and it’s been a journey. It will be out this summer.




No comments: