Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's Been a Rough 12 Days... Tyler Perry's Letter to Fans

Tyler Perry is the new 'Hollywood Biggest Celebrity', I'm a big fan. His success story is compelling and very inspiring. He wrote a personal letter to his teeming fans on what we should expect from him in the coming days and how he would like everybody's support for his new movie, 'Good Deeds' which debuts today Friday, February 24th.. The letter after the break ---> I’ll keep this short and sweet because it's been a rough 12 days for me, with what would have been my mother’s 67th birthday one day and the awful news about Whitney the next. I can’t even think about it... we’ll talk about that some other time, but for now I just want to be sure you’re planning on going to the movie theaters to see GOOD DEEDS this weekend.
 GOOD DEEDS opens tomorrow, Friday February 24th, everywhere. It’s the opening weekend box office numbers that count in Hollywood. That is how they judge you, so if you can make it to the theaters this weekend, please do so. I never ever take for granted that you are automatically going to show up, but I tell you, I thank God that you do. I’m hoping that this time is no different.

I gotta say, this is a different kind of role for me, but it felt good to try something different. You know that there are many people who think I can only do Madea. As much as we love her you and I both know better than that. This is the first time I have ever played a character that is this close to who I am as a man and as a person.

I think you’re going to love it. GOOD DEEDS is going to make you smile, laugh and think, and at the end you’re going to leave lifted and feeling good.

A friend of mine, who has always been honest with me, told me that this is my best movie yet. Tell me what you think. I’ll be on Facebook and my message board all weekend long waiting for the true critics to speak, and that’s you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Love you and know that I appreciate you so much,
Tyler

No comments: