Saturday, February 11, 2012

He Raped Me, I Am Ashamed to Speak, I Need Help – Tessy4


Something happened to me exactly two weeks ago that I find difficult to share with anybody. I am afraid no one will believe me. I also could not tell my parents because I don’t know if they would believe me.

I was raped by a member of our church. We are both members of the church choir. He spoke with me the day before Christmas that he would like to date me, but I told him that I was not interested. I was shocked at what he asked of me because he was is like a brother to me. My parents took him like a family member and he was a regular visitor to our house until after the incident of two weeks ago.

After he asked me to date him and I refused, he started behaving funny and he told me to forget that he ever asked me out. I promised to forget and not tell anybody. I kept my word and did not tell anybody, not even my elder sister that is very close to me.

Whenever we had choir practice, I don’t go home straight; I normally stop at the church and go home afterwards. On this particular day, Uncle Ben met me on the church premises, waiting. He said he left the office early and decided to come to the church to wait because if he went home, he wouldn’t have been able to make it.

He asked if I have eaten, I said yes. He asked me to come with him because he wanted to go and have something to eat. Innocently, I followed him because I never thought he could have another motive. We went to an eatery close by, I did not eat anything, I only took a bottle of Coke, while he ate.

After food, he asked that I accompany him to his house as he wanted to pick a document for the choir. If I knew he had other plans for me, I would have asked that he excused me and would have gone back to the church.

I went to his house with him because I had been there before; I had no cause to think otherwise. I still could not believe how it happened or what happened. It was too sudden for me to comprehend that Uncle Ben raped me.

He raped and deflowered me. After he had achieved his aim, he started begging me that he did not know what came over him. I went home; I couldn’t attend the choir practice. I also haven’t been able to tell anybody since then.

I am very ashamed. Uncle Ben also said he was traveling and he had stopped coming to church. I have not seen him since then. I am also afraid of getting pregnant.

I am 16, I wrote my SSCE last year, but unfortunately, I didn’t meet the cut-off mark to study Law at the university of my choice. My parents registered me at a coaching class where I will study for my Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

What should I do? Please, advise me.
Tessy.

SOURCE

No comments: